Sian has over 20 years of specialist experience in Family Law. She is an Accredited Collaborative Lawyer, a Trained Mediator and Family Law Arbitrator. A majority of her cases have an international dimension where she advises high net worth individuals in complex assets and pension related matters. In addition Sian has an in-depth understanding and experience about Wills, Probate and Estate Planning matters.
If you do not have a Will in place then the government distributes your assets as they see fit. If you are not married then your partner does not automatically inherit your assets. Sian can help you prepare your will and advise you on Trusts and ways in which you can reduce Inheritance Tax Liabilities.
Sian focuses on the following areas :
- All types of Divorce and Family breakdown issues.
- Complex International and Multi Jurisdiction cases.
- Safeguarding Assets and Estate Planning.
- Wills and Probate.
- Family Law Arbitration, Member Charted Institute of Arbitrators.
- Trained Family Mediator
Sian joined Shortlands in 2005 and prior to this she was with another Niche Family law practice in London. She is the most senior and experienced solicitor at Shortlands and a member of Shortlands Management Committee.
- 2005 Joined Shortlands
- 1988 Qualified as a Solicitor
- 1986 Winstanley Burgess Solicitors, Trainee Solicitor
- 1986 College of Law, Chancery Lane London
- 1980 Graduate Diploma in Social Administration, London School of Economics
- 1977 BA (Hons) University of Cambridge
- 1973 St Pauls Girls School, Brook Green, London