Children - Shortlands Law Firm


Request An Initial Consultation


An unmarried father does not automatically have parental rights if they are not named on the Birth Certificate. These rights known as Parental Responsibility can be applied for through the Courts or by agreement. It is usually granted if commitment can be shown.

The partner who becomes the primary carer of Children can apply for money and/or property orders to ensure that the Childrens’ needs are met to include school fees and they have comfortable housing during their minority.

For more extensive advice and information please email or call us to book an initial consultation.  +442076299905